I typed it up in Microsoft Word and brought it into the V7 software. I used the suggestions from the March 2014 Software Sampler for the fonts and sizing. I then used the function of combining multiple hoops to create the stitch file for the design.
I soon realized that it was waaay too large for a towel and the project morphed into an apron!
I used Abbey Lane's pattern called Lady Godiva.. You can find the pattern here or ask for it at your favorite quilt store.
Naturally I always 'make it my own' so I eliminated the pockets and added a ruffle to the top! The best part about the apron was I used fabric from my Christmas stash!!
Stitching the ruffles was a snap because I used #16C gathering foot for my Bernina. I prefer the larger foot as it sits over both of the feed dogs evenly.
Here is a closer look at the recipe - I used Floriani's 60 weight thread which is PER-fect for stitching out a recipe.
As a holiday gift from me to you, I would like to share the stitched file. Here they are!
You can find the files below:
Bernina Art 50 here
Bernina Art 60 here
Bernina Art 70 here
The fonts that I used are Jenna Sue - a free font from www.dafont.com here and Roman Small in the Bernina V7 software.
If you download them, please let me know it you were able to use them! Happy baking!