Thursday, February 26, 2015

It's A Sterling Life on Berkeley Square houses!

I have been busy working on my housing project called Abundance Avenue!  It is actually the next section of my quilt design.  Right now I am playing around with the needle punch tool and 'punching' the roof for my Easter house abode. I already punched out a design for a pink roof and was NOT pleased!  This is the biggest obstacle in this FAB-ulous design CD- to finally decide what you like the best for your project!

So I switched to a teal blue and I am much happier!  Here are a few pics of the process.

Step #1 - stitch out a placement stitch for the fabric.

Step #2 - Place the felt AND fabric on  top  of the stabilizer.

Then the machine prompts you to start the needle punch section of the design.

Be sure to select the correct needle as well or SHE will NOT be happy and start the 'punching'!

Now SHE is punching....

But the best is the finished design!

Oh wait!  Turn it over!

Next I will start stitching a few houses so you can check them out...

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Love is in the Air on Berkeley Square

Love is indeed in the air in this home on Berkeley Square.  I used one of the cottages called Happiness House from the Sarah Vedeler CD to create the Valentine welcome mat for my home.

It was easy to add the wording with the Bernina V7 software and the CrystalWorks heart with the Bernina DesignWorks program.  A very quick project and actually done before Valentine's Day!

Look for more holiday welcome mats throughout the year.  If you missed the Christmas design, you can find it here.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Update on It's A Sterling Life on Berkeley Square

I am having another class this week because some ladies had a conflict with the first one.  But that was Ok because 12 in this class was waaaay too many!

But I wanted to share with you Kathy S's finished center block.  She plans to quilt the quilt on her long arm machine, so she wanted to eliminate all of the crystals surrounding the center medallion.

Here is a close up of her lettering.

She also shared her steps with the Bernina DesignWorks Divas FB page.  Come join the fun here.  The hardest decision she had to make was to find the perfect font  for the design.

She used the V7 software and used the same concept that Sarah Vedeler did with lining up the lettering utilizing the placement stitch in the original files.

Beautiful job Kathy!!