Thursday, December 4, 2014

Noel Card Holder Wallhanging

image


At one time in my life, I used to send out 50+ Christmas cards.  Those days are over and I certainly have a tough time sending out the few that I do today.  This card holder wall hanging is an adaption of a pattern by Janine Babich and can be purchased from Brewer or directly from her here.



What I love about it was that it included the cutwork files for all four letters in the mega hoop or two letters each for the oval hoop.  One of our customers stacked four layers of fabric and cut all four letters for the Noel wall hanging at once.  I do hope she comes out with more cutwork compatible files.  Included are different embroidery formats and a file to be used with the Silhouette Cameo machine.

Instead of adding the sashing to the blocks and creating a wall hanging, I added the sashing to the letters and turned them into pockets.  Then I just switched up the background slightly so I could feature each pocket individually.

Now on to make a few holiday cards to send!


No comments:

Post a Comment