Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bernina V7 class sample

I recently taught a class on the Bernina V7 software following the directions from the Dimensional Elements webinar.  It was an awesome class and I have a few photos that I would like to share with my V7 friends...

Here is the table runner that I created using fabric leftover from my kitchen window treatments.



I used the Ecco design collection to create the Stumpwork leaf in the software. I used a #26 gauge wire and then used the Cutting tool to cut out around the leaf.



Here is a close-up of the dimensional leaf stitched onto the table runner.

The next element was the Punchwork leaf....


I used a wool blend yarn on the felt to create the dimensional leaf.  The Cutwork flower design is also shown in this picture - sooo easy with the Cutwork tool!

The last tile that I did was the Raised Satin stitch - it turned out beautifully! Unfortunately you can only see the one center of the flower below...

I absolutely LOVE the idea of editing existing embroidery designs and turn them into a work of art! ..... This is WHY I bought a BERNINA!





No comments:

Post a Comment